Kilallan Kirkyard and Chapel

The site is situated in Renfrewshire, immediately to the east of Kilallan Farm, Houston and comprises of a parish church and associated graveyard. Dedicated to St Fillan, the site was last used as a parish church in 1771, although the associated graveyard remained in use to at least 1856 (Lynn Rew pers coms).

The Kilallan Preservation Trust want to use the project to encourage a better understanding of and promote involvement in the preservation of local heritage. They want to do this through learning and participation activities with local schools and the wider local community and have joined the Adopt-a-Monument to achieve this.

Local authority

Renfrewshire

Location

Group image

Kilallan Kirkyard and Chapel members

PhilR
Canadamin

Forum

No posts in this forum.

+ Add topic